Thank you to Peter de Kuster for inviting me to contribute to his website, The Heroine’s Journey, where he invites creative people to share stories about their passions. In answering some of these questions about people I admire, who my heroes are, I discovered some commonalities that I hadn’t thought of before. Strong women who forge their own ways and create richly layered images or lyrics or prose which tell complex stories that you can’t quite understand. Either literally using women’s bodies layered with other imagery or singing or writing about women’s experiences and emotions using very descriptive phrasing that doesn’t quite tell the whole story. Lots of things to think about when I’m in the studio! Link to the interview is in my bio.
- Accidentally matched my travel coffee mug to my computer wallpaper today! June 23, 2020
- Say hello to South Dakota’s state flower, the Pasque. June 17, 2020
- Trying a new vendor for large canvas prints. June 15, 2020
- Just realized that I’m wearing the I Just Want To Draw Pretty Pictures T-shirt… June 8, 2020
- I’m currently framing stacks and stacks of prints of my state flowers and insects to hang this week at June 6, 2020