Thank you to Peter de Kuster for inviting me to contribute to his website, The Heroine’s Journey, where he invites creative people to share stories about their passions. In answering some of these questions about people I admire, who my heroes are, I discovered some commonalities that I hadn’t thought of before. Strong women who forge their own ways and create richly layered images or lyrics or prose which tell complex stories that you can’t quite understand. Either literally using women’s bodies layered with other imagery or singing or writing about women’s experiences and emotions using very descriptive phrasing that doesn’t quite tell the whole story. Lots of things to think about when I’m in the studio! Link to the interview is in my bio.
- A little over two years ago I posted my most personal blog post ever. I just discovered it again and reread it and have a lot of feelings about it! First, I'm proud and impressed that I wrote something that good and personal and had the guts to post it. It was also the most commented on post I've ever shared on any platform. I'm also a bit disappointed in myself that I retreated back into my fear and hiding and didn't continue to write and share on that personal level. Since my goal this year is to be more confident and do things that scare me, I'm resharing this post and plan to continue writing on these topics. If you'd like to read the post, you can find the link in my bio. If you can relate, please feel free to comment, share and/or sign up for my email updates to read more like this! . . . #ijustwanttodrawprettypictures January 22, 2020
- New Year New Flowers January 21, 2020
- Here is Wyoming’s state flower, Indian paintbrush, in progress. Insect coming soon! January 21, 2020
- Thoughts for a new year January 20, 2020
- Ahhhh… January! January 17, 2020