Thank you to Peter de Kuster for inviting me to contribute to his website, The Heroine’s Journey, where he invites creative people to share stories about their passions. In answering some of these questions about people I admire, who my heroes are, I discovered some commonalities that I hadn’t thought of before. Strong women who forge their own ways and create richly layered images or lyrics or prose which tell complex stories that you can’t quite understand. Either literally using women’s bodies layered with other imagery or singing or writing about women’s experiences and emotions using very descriptive phrasing that doesn’t quite tell the whole story. Lots of things to think about when I’m in the studio! Link to the interview is in my bio.
- Back to alphabetical order (for now, at least) with Alaska’s flower, the forget-me-not. My dragonfly (the four spotted chaser) isn’t quite done yet, so you’ll just have to wait patiently. I know you are all on the edge of your seats waiting… I had an especially difficult time choosing a background color this week, so I present you with five options. Which do you like? Don’t forget to head over to see @unclebacon65’s block print of forget-me-nots! He did a great one this week! January 22, 2019
- State Flowers: Missouri January 15, 2019
- 2018 Year in Review Part 2: Art January 12, 2019
- Paducah Life Magazine January 12, 2019
- Birth Month Flowers as wallpapers for your computer, tablet and phone. January 12, 2019