Thank you to Peter de Kuster for inviting me to contribute to his website, The Heroine’s Journey, where he invites creative people to share stories about their passions. In answering some of these questions about people I admire, who my heroes are, I discovered some commonalities that I hadn’t thought of before. Strong women who forge their own ways and create richly layered images or lyrics or prose which tell complex stories that you can’t quite understand. Either literally using women’s bodies layered with other imagery or singing or writing about women’s experiences and emotions using very descriptive phrasing that doesn’t quite tell the whole story. Lots of things to think about when I’m in the studio! Link to the interview is in my bio.
- It’s that time again! Flower wallpapers for everyone! September’s birth month flower is the morning glory. September 9, 2019
- Typical conversation: Me: Ooh, cicada! Her: You’re picking it up? Me: Yes! Her: Gross! Me: Awesome! September 8, 2019
- The Maine state flower isn’t a flower at all, but the white pine cone and tassel. Which aren’t flowers. I had no idea what a tassel was, but apparently the pine cone is female and the tassel is male. Like probably half the states, the state insect is the honeybee. I didn’t think the drawing needed it. September 7, 2019
- Maine white pine cone and tassel. August 27, 2019
- Progress on small frames August 14, 2019