Thank you to Peter de Kuster for inviting me to contribute to his website, The Heroine’s Journey, where he invites creative people to share stories about their passions. In answering some of these questions about people I admire, who my heroes are, I discovered some commonalities that I hadn’t thought of before. Strong women who forge their own ways and create richly layered images or lyrics or prose which tell complex stories that you can’t quite understand. Either literally using women’s bodies layered with other imagery or singing or writing about women’s experiences and emotions using very descriptive phrasing that doesn’t quite tell the whole story. Lots of things to think about when I’m in the studio! Link to the interview is in my bio.
- Come see me this Saturday evening at the Smedley Artisan Night Market and watch me draw live on a ukulele! Not cool enough? I’m going to raffle off the finished uke at the end of the evening. Come join me and other artist vendors and demos, live music, cocktails, a food truck and spiked root beer floats! This Saturday, July 20 from 5-10pm at the . Organized by the lovely ladies at ! July 18, 2019
- Peonies + Fireflies July 17, 2019
- It just occurred to me that I should make umbrellas! July 15, 2019
- Violets and a monarch butterfly July 11, 2019
- Free wallpapers for your devices? This is July’s birth month flower, the waterlily! July 10, 2019