Thank you to Peter de Kuster for inviting me to contribute to his website, The Heroine’s Journey, where he invites creative people to share stories about their passions. In answering some of these questions about people I admire, who my heroes are, I discovered some commonalities that I hadn’t thought of before. Strong women who forge their own ways and create richly layered images or lyrics or prose which tell complex stories that you can’t quite understand. Either literally using women’s bodies layered with other imagery or singing or writing about women’s experiences and emotions using very descriptive phrasing that doesn’t quite tell the whole story. Lots of things to think about when I’m in the studio! Link to the interview is in my bio.
- Is it just me, or does the center of my Indian Blanket (Oklahoma’s state flower) look like the coronavirus? Swipe to see a closeup! March 28, 2020
- New stickers from ! One of my very favorite southern flowers. March 26, 2020
- mini coloring book March 21, 2020
- Free coloring pages March 19, 2020
- The world is in chaos. Here’s a pretty girl to look at. March 15, 2020